Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default How can I trace a document history.

Reset the date on your computer to two weeks ago, open the document, make a
change, then save it, then correct the date on your computer. Tell your
teacher you retrieved your back-up copy.

You might be too honest to do this: but the fact that it can be done so
trivially makes any kind of record from a PC forensically meaningless.

To answer your specific question: no, there is no record or history of file
access you can use.

"bgirlsnowflake" wrote in message
So I have a story that goes like this: I websubmitted the wrong file to my
teacher for marking, and I found out two weeks later when she got it. She
said I could still send in the proper file. The only thing was I opened
the
file to check it was the right one, and chose "save changes" to the
document,
which saved it as last modified two weeks after the due date and the
teacher
refused to accept it.

So...
Does anyone know any way that I can find a record, or produce a record of
access to show what I did? Or just come up with a list of when the file
was
accessed?

I would be soo grateful