Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

Default How can I trace a document history.

bgirlsnowflake wrote:
So I have a story that goes like this: I websubmitted the wrong file
to my teacher for marking, and I found out two weeks later when she
got it. She said I could still send in the proper file. The only
thing was I opened the file to check it was the right one, and chose
"save changes" to the document, which saved it as last modified two
weeks after the due date and the teacher refused to accept it.

So...
Does anyone know any way that I can find a record, or produce a
record of access to show what I did? Or just come up with a list of
when the file was accessed?

I would be soo grateful

When you're looking at Dates, look for the Create Date, not the Modified or
Last Accessed dates. Create Date will be just what it says it is, unless
you use Copy.
Copy will make the Create Date whatever date the copy was done on.
Technically that's correct; it was "created" in the new location on the date
the copy was done.

Pop`