Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ThomasAJ ThomasAJ is offline

Default How to make a document 'remember' which printer.

You cannot do this. If each document "remembered" a specific printer, it
would cause problems when the document went to another person.

Rubbish! If 'remembered' printer is not present then Word would use the
default printer. It might be called a 'Preferred Printer' and reside in
OPTIONS. A 5 minute programming exercise is all it would have taken.

OK so make that 10 minutes of coding.

Very disappointing ommision by MS.

I've been coding since about '75 so I know what I am talking about.
--
Regards
Tom

"Peter A" wrote:

In article ,
says...
We have many printers. How do I make a document remember which printer it
should use when the print icon is clicked on.

Sure I can use the printer drop-down box but I want certain documents to
remember their own 'default printer'.

You cannot do this. If each document "remembered" a specific printer, it
would cause problems when the document went to another person.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers