Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

Default How to keep lower case letters in all word documents

The reason for using a semicolon in front of the Replace word is to
keep Word from capping the first letter should the company name be the
first words in a sentence. A semicolon and the "t" (or any other
letter you choose) would also work for the Replace word. The
semicolon keeps your fingers on the home row key as well, which makes
for a much quicker shortcut. Also, since the company name is two
words, you would want to be assured that the complete name always
appears together on the same line, thus the need for the Ctrl +
Spacebar shortcut in the formatted entry. Striking 2 or 3 keys still
saves you 8-9 keystrokes.

Cheryl

On Jul 1, 2:53*pm, migdaw1 wrote:
The easier method for me would be to make an Autocorrect which I would name
"tww" that expanded to "tw telecom" because my finger is already there for
the second "w". * If you never have need to write tw by itself, you could
even name the short form "tw" instead of "tww".

Naming the short form "#tw", one has to use the shift key in addition to
reaching for # -- that's three strokes instead of two -- I am a medical
transcriptionist and I use HUNDRED of short forms. *Thanks be to whomever
invented Autocorrect. *Sometimes I double the final letter of my short form
as above, or sometimes I start it with an "x" *You can name them anything,
the abbreviation doesn't have to make sense to anyone except the one who
created it (and can remember it!)