Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] Jeff@nospam.fake is offline

Default Create an automatic paragraph style

On 5/24/2010 9:39 AM, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I would advise against modifying Normal style because most other styles
are based on it and will be affected (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...sCascade.html). Instead,
find and use the built-in Body Text First Indent style, which has a
default first-line indent of 0.15". This can be modified to 0.13". The
built-in style also has 6 points Spacing After, but this can be removed
if desired. See also
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...BodyStyles.htm.

Thank you. I created it as a new style, and - because I am not yet
comfortable uising styles - I created a macro which creates that indent
on paragraphs I select. I then put the macro shortcut on the Word
toolbar for easy access. Seems simplest way for me.

I will also study your styles link.

Thank you Suzanne. You are great - as usual.

Jeff