Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Page Number Setting

On Jul 1, 4:18*am, "Robert M. Franz [RMF]"
wrote:
Hello Peter

Peter T. Daniels wrote:

[..]

ahh, good catch. Problem is, this cannot be done with roman numerals in
Word.

Well, that's dumb! I just checked it out ... you also can't start
numbering using Arabic letters with 0. (I didn't bother trying the
Hebrew letters option.)

well, I can imagine why the developers force the minimum start at "1"
for roman numerals and for letters: there probably isn't a a "zero"
value for either.

Yabbut ... no one would want to have an actual number zero in roman
numerals (there's no such thing), but they might want to do exactly
what Charles wants to do!