All you have to do is put stuff in the First Page Header/Footer and leave
the Header/Footer blank. See
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

"bearprecioso" wrote in message
I am a frustrated Word 2000 user. I have created my letterhead.
But....here's where the trouble begins. I can get it to have a different
header/footer on Page one from page 2 but what I really want is to have

the
header/footer on page one and no header on any of the subsequent pages

HELP I have played with all the header options I can think of but without
success. I have even tried using suggestions from
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm

Any further assistance would be very welcomed

--
bearprecioso