The best you can do is advise recipients (in the covering email) to change
views or (better) suggest that they disable "Allow starting in Reading
Layout" on the General tab of Tools | Options. You may find that they are
grateful for the information; many users hate Reading Layout but don't know
how to disable it.

"Preston" wrote in message
news
It would be a good to have a document property to stop a document from

going
to reading layout when being opened from an email message. I have complex
multi-column borchures in word, that when emailed to a client open in

reading
layout with the presentation all messed up. This presents a poor first
impression of my services to my clients unless they realize it's word

current
view and not the document. As it stand now I'll have to go to a third

party
application like Acrobat to send my brochures.

Thanks for considering the suggestio.

-Preston