Mike

Default Auto Text in Header/Footer

Thanks again Graham. Have changed the one referred to and whilst this now
allows me to insert autotext in header/footer and gives me options, I now am
back to my icons dissappearing from toolbars every time a new document is
opened.

I will have to try and find a different way of stopping this from happening
than changing the normal.dot file although some of the instructions on how to
amend things need a rocket scientist to handle.

Thanks for at least sorting one issue for me

--
Mike Wells
Secretary

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Do you have more than one normal.dot? The one that matters is saved in the
folder indicated at tools options file locations user templates.

Mike wrote:
Thanks for the info. I was advised to amend normal.dot to avoid icons
disappearing from tool bars every time Word opened new dos.
However, have renamed file under MS Office templates as suggested -
but open Word and new file and still have same problem ?
Mike Wells
Secretary
York Golf Club

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

This is usually an indication that you have saved a document over
normal.dot. Rename normal.dot to oldnormal.dot and allow Word to
rebuild another.

Mike wrote:
I am having some trouble with Header & Footers in Word. Although i
can pull them up to view and can insert certain items, the Autotext
option is greyed out and non operational.
Can anyone help me get it back please ?
Thanks