Graham Mayor

Default Auto Text in Header/Footer

Which icons 'disappear' from your toolbars?
Could this be that you have tools customize options show standard and
formatting toolbars on two rows unchecked?

Mike wrote:
Thanks again Graham. Have changed the one referred to and whilst this
now allows me to insert autotext in header/footer and gives me
options, I now am back to my icons dissappearing from toolbars every
time a new document is opened.

I will have to try and find a different way of stopping this from
happening than changing the normal.dot file although some of the
instructions on how to amend things need a rocket scientist to handle.

Thanks for at least sorting one issue for me

Do you have more than one normal.dot? The one that matters is saved
in the folder indicated at tools options file locations user
templates. --

Mike wrote:
Thanks for the info. I was advised to amend normal.dot to avoid
icons disappearing from tool bars every time Word opened new dos.
However, have renamed file under MS Office templates as suggested -
but open Word and new file and still have same problem ?
Mike Wells
Secretary
York Golf Club

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

This is usually an indication that you have saved a document over
normal.dot. Rename normal.dot to oldnormal.dot and allow Word to
rebuild another.

Mike wrote:
I am having some trouble with Header & Footers in Word. Although i
can pull them up to view and can insert certain items, the
Autotext option is greyed out and non operational.
Can anyone help me get it back please ?
Thanks