Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rachel M Rachel M is offline

Default How do I share building blocks with other users?

No they arent. If I create a building block, it's saved in my personal
quickparts. If I save the document either as a straight word document or as
a word template and someone else opens it, they cannot insert the quickpart
- it is not in the building block organiser list.

Good suggestion though - I hadnt thought to look before.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Aren't these saved in templates?

"Rachel M" Rachel wrote in message
We do sales proposals that have to construct a proposal using multiple
"boilerplate" components.

I can see that the building blocks functionality in 2007 could be quite
useful to create a cover page, header/footers and boilerplate text etc.

However it is no use unless I can get everyone (3-4 people) using the same
set of building blocks to construct the sales proposal.

Is it possible to share building blocks, gallaries etc across multiple
users?
Thanks Rachel