Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I save a template to a word doc?

You don't save a template as a doc; that's not the way they work. Put the
template in a templates folder and access it via File | New or, in an
Explorer window, double-click on it. Either action will create a new
document based on the template. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

"Microshafted" wrote in message
Hopefully this has a simple answer, but when I create a template and

modify
it I would like to save it as a word doc. instead of another template.

When
I go to save as I am only given the option of saving it as a template.
How do I save a template to a word doc?