Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gordo gordo is offline

Default Moving Shapes

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...

I'm seeing the same behavior in Word 2007/2010 vs. 2003. Creating the
callout in a drawing canvas (which is necessary for connectors to work, so I
thought it might be relevant) doesn't help. I guess this is just one of the
downsides of the new graphics engine. Even saving in Word 97-2003 format
doesn't help. Sorry!

"gordo" wrote in message ...

In earlier versions of Word (2003 e.g.) One used to be able to drag a shape,
such as a callout, and the sharp end of the triangle would not move. Now,
when moving the shape, the whole thing moves.
As an example, when you drag one end of a line or arrow, one end stays put.

Does anyone know of a way to drag a callout and keep pointed end anchored?
Or is this just not possible anymore.

Thanks,

Gordo

Also, have you noticed the "regression" in the in context help files in
Office 2013? It used to be that you could click the question mark while you
were in the FileOptions dialog boxes and get an explanation of each option.
Now, you get a generic "Word Help" dialog box for most of the categories in
the Options.

Get a little, lose a little.

Gordo