Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
martin martin is offline

Default Random words in my TOC

Hi

I am currently working on a word 2007 document. The problem is that Word
decides to put random words/phrases and figure and table captions in my TOC.
I go through the process of reformatting the entire document and everything
is fine (i.e. I am able to generate a meaningful TOC) until I close the
document and reopen it.

Upon inspecting the €śDocument map€ť I notice Word has screwed up my headings
again. I have tried the €śClear Formatting€ť button and then re-selecting the
€śNormal€ť format style, I have also retyped the offending text, to no avail...

I would like to know how I can prevent Word from mucking up my TOC.

I am using Microsoft Office Word 2007

Please help
Thank you