Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kim Kim is offline

Default Suppress a tab between fields when the fields are blank!

I followed the instructions to suppress a line when the line is empty,
but my problem is I have two fields with a tab between them. How do I
suppress the tab so the paragraph line will be suppressed/hidden? Here
are my fields (MedOptLabel tab Medical Option):

{IF{MERGEFIELD "MedOptLabel" } "" "{MERGEFIELD "MedOptLabel" }^t{IF
{MERGEFIELD "Medical_Option"} "" " {MERGEFIELD "Medical_Option"}^p

Is there any way to bring the tab into the formula so it'll get
suppressed along with the paragraph mark? Any help would be
appreciated.

Kim