Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Please help with duplex printing

You *may* be able to control which pages print duplex by the use of PRINT
fields to switch the duplex off and on - If your printer accepts PCL
commands, you may be able to use a PRINT field. A PRINT field is simply a
type of field that allows you to send instructions directly to the printer.

There are 3 possible data values for duplex setting: PRINT 27"&l0S"
simplex, PRINT 27"&l1S" vertical duplex . PRINT 27"&l2S" horizontal duplex
(bookformat)

The codes after PRINT are 27 (escape), double quote, ampersand, lowercase L,
0, 1 or 2, uppercase S and finally terminated with a double quote.

Thus for horizontal duplex you would insert the following field :
{ PRINT 27"&l2S" }

and to turn it off again (Simplex)
{ PRINT 27"&l0S" }

Joe wrote:
I have a financial statement document. There are section page breaks
included in the document for page numbers. There is also a page
included later in the document that doesn't have a page number, but
the subsequent pages do. Each page has a header and footer included.
When we do final copies for clients, some of the pages need to have
printing on the front and back, while other pages are only one sided.
We have a printer that allows printing on both sides. How can I set
up this document to print only those pages I want to print duplex
while printing others single sided? Or would I be better off making
a copy of the document for duplex printing and insert blank pages
where I only want printing on one side?