Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alex[_4_] Alex[_4_] is offline

Default Word Outlining Issues

When I'm outlining text in Word 2003, if I try to do something else in the
middle Word seems to take great offense.

For example I'm working on a procedure that is outlined 1.0, 1.1, 1.1.1
and somewhere in the process I decide to do a numbered, not outlined, list
Word fights me tooth and nail.

I've tried removing all formatting, and then starting the numbered list and
Word still wanted to format the list as outline numbered. Or when I insist
it moves the list way over to the right of the page.

Other times I've been unable to continue numbering, or unable to restart
numbering without creating a whole new style.

Is there a way to tell Word not to guess what I want to do and just let me
do what I want?

Thanks!

-alex