If you do post a screen shot, may I suggest that you enable the display of
nonprinting characters and text boundaries? This is very helpful in
troubleshooting a document based on appearance alone.

"Steven Marzuola (remove wax and invalid for reply)"
wrote in message
Max wrote:
"Steven Marzuola (remove wax and invalid" wrote:
Max wrote:
I want to place a title on the line preceding the table, but I want it

stay and look "attached" to the table like a caption. The way it is,

the
Title is on a separate line, and when I can't close up the space

between the
title and the table. The title looks like it "belongs" to the

preceding
paragraph, and not to the table that it is supposed to.

I'm a little surprised nobody else mentioned this, but ...

Have you tried formatting the title with the Format / Paragraph option,
"Keep with Next?" I use Word 2000 but that function is so useful I
can't imagine that it has been changed since then.

You would also want to make sure that the paragraph before the title
does not have this formatting.

Yes. It didn't change the look. Guess I'll just have to live with

it. I am
just fed up over what seems to be such a simple concept.

I guess I'm confused ... can you post a screenshot somewhere showing
what you mean?

What you want has to be possible, even though it can be frustrating.

From http://word.mvps.org:
"Word rarely misses an opportunity to perplex"

--
Steven