Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Why can I open only one document at a time in Word?

On the Edit tab of Tools | Options, check the box for "Windows in Taskbar."
But note that you can still open more than one document at a time in your
current situation; they're just all in the same window. If you check the
Window menu, you'll see they're all there.

"Jon" wrote in message
There used to be a time when I could open multiple documents in Word. You
know the minimized versions in the bottom bar. Then I must have done
something wrong, and now I can only open one document at a time. Word

allows
for one minimized document in the bottom bar and that's it.