Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheila need word print help[_2_] sheila need word print help[_2_] is offline

Default to ED, i do have a colour cartride, and black, thanks 4 yr reply

Hi Ed, thanks anway for yr kind reply, but as u said, i DO have a colour
cartride, it is so weird why my newly created wor/ excel docs are printing as
blank sheets, as i said befor, i can print my 2 week old docs, and even if i
cut paste and copy an old 2 wk word , excel doc on to a new blank shEet, it
still prints the old doc RE NAMED ETC ! so weird, i can print WORD ART, and
word clip art new created docs, i am baffled why its just new word letters ad
excel spreadsheets ( new ones ) aghhhhh Sheila, LOndon x

"Ed" wrote:

Hi Sheila,

If your printer doesn't have a colour cartridge, ignore this post.

If it does have one, then what follows might help, but from what you've said
I thinks it's unlikely ... but you never know!

I belive that by default Word formats text with a colour of "Automatic"
(meaning that the colour adapts itself to the background - light on a dark
background and dark on a light background).

When text with "Automatic" colour is on a white background it looks like
black, but from stuff I've seen in these newsgroups it seems that it isn't
true black. Instead it's a mixture of colours which simulates black. I
believe I've read that when this gets to the printer it uses the colour
cartridge rather than the black ink cartridge and if the colour cartridge is
empty you get blank pages.

Possibly your earlier documents had a "true" black font colour.

Try formatting some text as black and see if the printer prints it.

If this isn't the problem I can't think of anything else to suggest. (But
hopefully somebody else can :-))

Regards.

Ed

"sheila need word print help" wrote:

can any one help me, i can print word and excel docs that i created on this
lap top and printer at home 3 weeks ago, but newly created word and excel
docs are just printing as blank pages, even a two page letter is coming out
as a two page blank paper, i can still emails and web things ie bbc weather
page to my home printer.

i have not touched any setting on my home lap top or printer ? weird, can
any one shed any light on this urgent problem, thank you sheila London