Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Word Mail Merge - Format text size switch

Hi mj_bowen,

Word has no facility for applying a different format to part of a field's result. The fact your letters and numbers appear on
different lines suggest they're actually separate mergefields, in which case you can format each one independently of the other. To
help with the formatting, check out the CHARFORMAT switch.

--
Cheers
macropod

"mj_bowen" wrote in message ...

Hi,

I have successfully set up a mail merge document from Excel to a word
doc. I would like to know how to change the text size of certain parts
of a mergefield.

For example one of the merge fields shows;

Th H T U
3 4 5 6

I would like Th H T U to be say, size 8 and 3456 size 16. I am aware
that you can change the text size using the traditional way in word,
but he formatting does not stay that way once the mrgefield is updated.
I a sure the answer lies in a format switch???!!

yours hopefully,

Matt

--
mj_bowen