Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Field codes instead of content

If pressing Alt+F9 doesn't fix the problem, and if you have Word
2003 or earlier, then in Word click on Tools | Options | View tab
| uncheck the boxes for "All", "Hidden text", and "Field codes" |
Print tab | uncheck the boxes for "Hidden text" and "Field codes"
| OK.

Ed Sowell wrote:

All of a sudden my .doc file has started showing the field codes & {}
instead of the values of what they currently represent. IOW, I see {TOC
\o "1-3" \p " " \h \z \u } instead of the TOC. I have toggled the field
codes, but to no avail. What's going on here?

TIA

Ed