Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Duplicate entries TOC Word 2003

Is it possible that somehow additional Heading paragraphs got marked
Hidden? You could try Show Hidden (Ctrl-Shift-8), and click on the ToC
links and see where they take you.

It's also possible that you were seeing a momentary disconnect between
the file and the display. Are they still there if you close and open
the file? If you quit and reopen Word?

On Apr 22, 4:41*pm, Helenaw wrote:
Hi Folks!

When I got up this morning, my Word doc was beautifully laid out and
perfect. The TOC had all the correct page numbers (automatically). Life
was great!

Then I inserted all the illustrations and, at the end, realising that
inserting pictures would upset the page numbering, naturally I went to
my TOC, right-click update field.

But now in the TOC has duplicate entries! For 2 x Heading 1 and 1 x
Heading 2 entries. These were not there before I inserted the photos.

What should I do? Just delete them?

Helena

--
Helenaw