Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
gp gp is offline

Default multiple hyphens extending to end of line

Word 2003 SP2
When I type in 3 or more hyphens or equal signs & press Enter, they
become non-breaking & go all the way across the line. How to stop this?

Are those en & em dashes, respectively?

Further, in one document, every time I now paste, the
full-line-non-breaking-equal-sign is placed above the insertion, but if
I do Paste Special / Unformatted Text, it doesn't do this. How to get
it to default to unformatted text, or at least not put in the
full-line-non-breaking-equal-sign?

How to remove all the full-line-non-breaking-hypehns & equal signs that
now exist in the document?

Also, how to NOT have the Paste Options gizmo appear?

Thanks,
Greg