Richard Neville

Try creating a one-line table for this purpose. You can preserve the
"underlined" space by creating a bottom border to the table cell, which will
not disappear when you type N/A or anything else in that cell. If the table
opens with borders, delete all of them except the bottom one.

"Lisa H" wrote in message
I have created a form that has an underlined space for people to place
their
signatures. Some don't require a signature, and I want to put "N/A" there.
When I type just N/A, the underline goes away. When I underline the N/A,
the
underline under N/A is slightly higher than on the rest of the line. Any
ideas on how to get around this?
--
Lisa H