Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Open without a blank document?

Holding down the shift key will prevent an auto macro from running.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:31:32 +0100 from Doug Robbins - Word MVP
:

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:47:49 +0100 from Doug Robbins - Word MVP
:
From the help file under Customize how Word StartsStartup Switches
/n Start a new instance of Word with no document open.

I don't mean to seem ungrateful, but I pointed that out in my query.

My question was how to set an option in Word to do that without the
command switch.

I guess I did not read down that far.

You can create an Autoexec () macro in the Normal.dot template or in an
Addin (a template that you save in the Word Startup directory that
contains
the code

ActiveDocument.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges

Thanks -- I hadn't thought of that. But won't that make it impossible
to open any existing Word documents by double-clicking on them?

Since you haven't answered about an option, I'll infer that means
there isn't one. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and create
a shortcut with /n.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/