Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cturner08 cturner08 is offline

Default cross reference problems

I'm having similar problems (in Word 2007, using Windows XP). I've replaced
all the manual page breaks before headings with a "page break before" in the
heading paragraph definition. But sometimes - usually only triggered by
printing a page - a cross reference set to display just the heading wording
will bring in the entire section of text that goes with the heading. I've
tried deleting the offending x-ref entirely, double checking the format of
the heading being referred to, and then re-inserting this. But problems
continue to crop up.

"cbemoras" wrote:

After a cross reference, when printing the document, sometimes a page breaks
right after the cross reference even while printing to PDF. If I use it as a
hyperlink, it's even more likely to cause page breaks.