Dottie

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?RG90dGll?=,

In Word 97, randomly when I need to send a document by email, it changes it
to a .dat file even though it was saved as a .doc file. Why is this
happening?

It's probably caused by the email program. You need to ask in a group that
handles that software.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Had thought about this possibility, but it does it only ocassionally. I can do a document and send as attachment to recipient, turn around and do a new document the same way, and it shows it being sent as .dat document. Would it have anything to do with saving to disc rather than saving to hard drive first?