Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amy amy is offline

Default Adobe PDF add-on keeps crashing

Sorry for the delayed reaction... for some reason I am not getting notified
of replies to my posts despite the fact that I have checked that option...
now that I am aware of that I will be sure to come back more often and check.

I currently have Adobe Acrobat Pro v. 8.2.2 loaded. I am still having
intermittent problems with the Distiller crashing when converting from Word
to PDF. This is for complex technical manuals with many bookmarks,
cross-references, etc. Will the Save as PDF option in Word work for that, as
well, or will it just generate a simple PDF file?

Thanks!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Do you have Acrobat fully updated? Current version is 8.2.1

"Amy" wrote in message
I am using MS Word 2007 and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. For some reason,
when I try using the Convert to PDF add-on, Word keeps crashing and when
it
restarts it asks if I want to disable the add-on. I've tried it both
ways...
I've disabled the add-on and then I have to print to PDF rather than do a
straight conversion... and I've left the add-on enabled. I estimate it
crashes about 50% of the time. It doesn't seem to matter what the document
size is, it crashes with large documents and with very small documents.
Any
ideas??

.