Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nit_Wit_400 Nit_Wit_400 is offline

Default Repeat the fields

So I've tried my idea out, and alas, it doesn't work.

Is there any way to say that there are multiple "header" rows. I want
to be able to just use a merge field in the document and have it pull
it from any one of the header rows... For example:

A1 is Client 1's last name and it comes from the first "header
row" which refers to the information in column B
B1 is Client 2's last name and it comes from the second "header
row" which refers to the information in column C
so on and so forth.

My other idea was to just put all my "header rows" in one row... but
the maximum columns allowed only goes to IV which is only 230 columns
and I need upwards of 1000 which is why I originally thought I should
break it up into different "header rows."