Tony Jollans

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to add an AutoCorrect entry but it
won't help you because it only works on "words", not letter combinations in
the middle. If you know all the words you are going to use you could, of
course, add each of them individually.

Alternatively either use the rather awkward built key combinations (Ctrl+&,
a etc.) or define your own ...

Tools Customize Keyboard (button)
Scroll down and select Common Symbols from the left hand list
Scroll down to find æ in the right hand list and select it
Put your cursor in the Shortcut Key box
Press your desired key combination
Click on Assign
Repeat for each ligature
Close the Keyboard dialog and then Close the Customize dialog

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Maureen" wrote in message
I use Word 2000 and would like it to automatically change ae and oe to
ligatures (e.g. aesthetics, curriculum vitae, etc.). I've tried inserting

the
character from Insert, Symbol in AutoCorrect but it doesn't work. If

memory
serves, it used to be available. Any ideas?

I originally submitted it Office General Questions and received a

suggestion
that I try Word General Questions.

Thanks.
--