Jay Freedman

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:33:16 -0700, "Lucy"
wrote:

Whenever I open a word document (both those sent to me, or a new document),
the default paper size in PAGE SETUP is for printing on 3x5 cards.

I have tried to change to 8.5X11 but it always reverts back to 3X5 cards.

I have been told my "preferences" might be corrupt, but don't know WHICH one
to throw out to get the default (letter size paper) back in. There are many
in the preferences folder in the library under my USER.
(When I add a NEW user, the problem goes away, but I'd like to avoid the
whole transfer and want instead to throw out the Pref. culprit). Thank you
For any help you can offer....

The procedure at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...alTemplate.htm
should work -- you need to save the setup in the Normal.dot template.

If that fails, try the procedure at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm instead.
That article talks about unwanted text saved in Normal.dot, but the
unwanted information could just as easily be the page setup.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman