Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How can I reset bullets in Word 2007?

The long-term solution is to not depend on AutoFormat when creating numbered
lists in Word. For example, you can create a list style instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"yonidebest" wrote in message
I have a 40 page document with bullet numbering here and there throughout
the
document. At some point, when I create a numbered bullet list (by typing
"1.
"), the autoformat starts the list at level 7 and not at level 1. If I use
the indent buttons to lower the level, when I get to level 1, the number
that
is displayed is "8.", and so I need to also reset that to "1.".

If I add a new list using the button in the toolbar, it starts ok, so the
problem is with the autoformat.

How can I reset the autoformat numbered list?

Thanks,
Yoni