Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default a choice in a drop down that returns the setting in word to norn.

A description of what you clicked and how your document looks would
make it a lot easier to help, but my first guess would be that the
following article could be relevant:

What do all those funny marks, like the dots between the words in my
document, and the square bullets in the left margin, mean?
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Word" wrote in message
So I clicked on something that is addin all kinds of crap when I

type. Why
not give us that ability to return all of the word settings to

normal can get
rid of any strange functions that we didn't mean to put there.

You know for people that just want to write a letter, but don't want

spend a bunch of time becoming a computer geek.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to

the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader

and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout