John Blackwell

I absolutely did not press CtrlShftA, and the style I selected was the
standard Microsoft Header 2. Also, the shift effect included the fact that
when I typed 12345 I got !@#$% which does not happen under allcaps. From
looking at other postings, I am not the only one getting these anomalous
results. That is why I tried to give you a complete description of the
circumstances in which these results occurred.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Perhaps you enabled All Caps (Ctrl+Shift+A) or perhaps the style you
selected had All Caps formatting?

"John Blackwell" John wrote in message
I think I know what he was asking, since the same thing seems to happen

with
me quite frequently.

Just now, I was creating a new Word document. I had just finished some
bulleted items, and wanted to start a new subject, so I chose a 'heading

2'
style, and began typing. Everything I typed appeared as if I were holding

the
shift key down. Nothing I did reversed this unwanted effect. Eventually,

was able to cut and paste the text I had written into a notepad file,

close
and reopen word, cut and paste everything back into Word, and reapply the
formatting discarded by notepad. Was there a better solution?

"Ms_PC" wrote:

Have you got the Caps Lock key on? If you want one capital letter at

the
beginning of a sentence or for names, you should switch the Caps Lock

off,
and press and hold the key below it (it has an arrow on it and there is
another key which does the same on the right side) then press the letter

you
want as a capital . You can type everything in caps if you want as this

can
be quicker than trying to type using the Shift Key to get odd capitals

then
you can select the text and change it using the Format, Change-Case

options
where you can choose to change the text to sentence or Title Case.

Hope
this helps.