Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to get a popup when hovering over text

If you do not have Balloons displayed (ToolsOptionsTrack Changes), then
when you hover the mouse over the word in respect of which a comment has
been inserted into the document, a pop up will appear to display the text of
the comment. If it is for the purpose of providing help, the inclusion in
the popup of the name of the person who created the comment and the data and
time at which they did it should not be an issue.

While you can run a macro to remove the name of the person making the
comment, you cannot remove the statement of the date and time at which the
comment was made.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ken412" wrote in message
Hi Doug,

Thanks for your response.

The only "Comment" I can find is for document review. However, this
doesn't
work the way we want it to. Is there another type of "comment" that I
have
not discovered yet, that does what we want? I.e. pop up a window or bubble
automatically when the end user hovers over a piece of text? Somewhat
like
tooltips that pop-up (when enabled) when the cursor hovers over an icon in
the ribbon (where no mouse click is required).

Thanks in advance for any further help.
Ken

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Select the word Help and insert a comment.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ken412" wrote in message
I want to produce a WORD document to distribute to end users when they
have
problems. The document will look like a FORM. To the right of many of
the
fields, I want to include the text string "Help?" and if the user
hovers
the
cursor over this text string, I want to make a small window (or text
bubble)
pop-up automatically (no click) in which I can supply details on how to
complete that field in the form.

How do I make a window/bubble automatically appear?