WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to get a popup when hovering over text

To create a pop-up window or text bubble in Microsoft Word that appears when a user hovers over a specific text string, you can use the ScreenTip feature. Here's how:
  1. Highlight the text string that you want to trigger the pop-up window.
  2. Right-click on the highlighted text and select Hyperlink from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click on the ScreenTip button.
  4. In the Set Hyperlink ScreenTip dialog box, type the text that you want to appear in the pop-up window in the ScreenTip text field.
  5. Click OK to close the Set Hyperlink ScreenTip dialog box.
  6. Click OK to close the Insert Hyperlink dialog box.

Now, when a user hovers over the text string that you highlighted, the pop-up window with your specified text will appear automatically. You can customize the appearance of the pop-up window by adjusting the font, size, and color of the text in the Set Hyperlink ScreenTip dialog box.