Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word field codes and results BOTH appear

If alt-F9 doesn't do anything, try Tools | Options | View, make sure "field
codes" is NOT checked.

Are you getting squares or { } characters?

On 9/19/06 7:13 PM, "Carol B" wrote:

This is what is showing up in my Word document:
"OHYPERLINK " O"
(only instead of O I am really getting squares)
If I right click, then edit hyperlink, the text shows as
and the
link shows as .
What I want to show up is
(with blue underline), hyperlinked to
. I canąt figure out why I am getting the extra text.
Alt-F9 doesnąt do anything. This is also happening with other field codes.
What is going on?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: