Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word field codes and results BOTH appear

Hi Carol,

If you start a new blank document and use Ctrl+K and select the 'Email address' box on the left of that dialog and set separate
entries for the Display text, screen tip and the email address, and then [ok] do you get the same problem in that document when you
use Alt+F9?

What is the font you're using and what is the proofing language set for the text that contains the field?

"Carol B" wrote in message ...
Thx. for responses. It's Word 2003. Tools/options/field codes is not checked.
As far as I can tell it's just one document. I'm getting squares, not
brackets. The font I'm using does have the capability of showing brackets.
Any other suggestions?
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP