Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Word field codes and results BOTH appear

My (disguised) e-mail address should show with my posts but, if not, it is
my forename at my surname dot com.

--
Enjoy,
Tony Jollans

"Carol B" wrote in message
How do I get the file to you?

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

The braces are just how Word displays field delimiters - they are not

brace
characters in the file. If Word displays both the field and the code and

all
the delimiters it is because it is not recognising the Field and I
suspect.the document has got corrupted although in exactly what way it

is
hard to say. If you would care to send me a copy of the document I would

be
happy to take a look but I don't guarantee anything :-)

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Carol B" wrote in message
Thx. for responses. It's Word 2003. Tools/options/field codes is not

checked.
As far as I can tell it's just one document. I'm getting squares, not
brackets. The font I'm using does have the capability of showing

brackets.
Any other suggestions?

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

That isn't right at all. Either the document or Word have some

corruption.

If it happens in all documents, try Help Detect and Repair.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Carol B" Carol wrote in message
This is what is showing up in my Word document:
"OHYPERLINK "
O"
(only instead of O I am really getting squares)
If I right click, then edit hyperlink, the text shows as

and
the
link shows as .
What I want to show up is
(with blue underline),
hyperlinked
. I can't figure out why I am getting the extra

text.
Alt-F9 doesn't do anything. This is also happening with other

field
codes.
What is going on?