Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Default Check box will insert text

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

and the following pages of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website :

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm

Say you had a checkbox with the name chkDisclosure on such a form, and in
the document, you had a { DOCVARIABLE varDisclosure } field, in the command
button click event. you would use something like

If chkDisclosure.Value = True then
ActiveDocument.Variables("varDisclosure").Value = "This is the
disclosure statement."
Else
ActiveDocument.Variables("varDisclosure").Value = " "
End If

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Kimberly" wrote in message
Is there a way that when a box is checked in a Word Doc that a paragraph
can
automatically be inserted. I am creating a template letter and if my
associates selects a certain option I need it to insert and print a
disclosure statement. Thank you