Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Eric Eric is offline

Default Page Format/Footer template

I just came back from a week vacation and started playing again with
templates.
I went through the links you mentioned but I can't get it to work.
All I want is to get specific header / footer + page setup whenever Word is
started or a new document is created.
Currently I have a "normal.dot" on the network in the "startup" designated
folder.
When I open the normal.dot, everything is there, header/footer, page setup
even a customized menu but someone those settings are not being used
automatically when I launch Word or create a new document.

What am I missing?

Thank you again.

Eric

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can add both formatting and toolbars to a template. See these
articles:

What do Templates and Add-ins store?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latesStore.htm

Creating a Template - The Basics (Part I)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

Creating a Template (Part II)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart2.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Eric" wrote in message
Hello,

Is there a way to force a page format and a page footer every time Word
is
launched or every time a new document is created by using a template.
I am currently using a startup folder on the network with a template to

add
a specific menu to Word for all my users.
Is there a way to use the same folder to format the page and the footer?
(like a normal.dot...)

Thank you.

Eric