Lexisch

Default Mail Merge Hell

I've been doing mail merge for over 25 years. I understand using Excel as a
secondary file.

We've had nothing but problems since upgrading to 2003. The sql feature, of
word changing the formatting of how time and dates from excel to the merged
file. I type the data in one way, and Word changes it.

I had a time field where I had a start - end time in one cell, and Word
decided to change the formatting...so I did a switch, which of course, made
the 2nd time not show up.

Is there a way to get out of this? More than half my company is ready to go
back to 2002. Mail merge is the life's blood of the place.