Steve Hayes

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:47:02 -0800, "?B?RWxmaWU=?="
wrote:

Hi, I have users who are working on a document which has grown to enormous
proportions. 50.7 MB on 36 pgs. There are a number of graphics in it.
Because of its size it became extremely unstable, so the document has been
divided. I've passed on to them the posts from other document size issues
which include checking fast save, embed fonts, embeded graphics change to
links etc. They are currently checking the documents against the information
I've forwarded to them.
They would leave the document in parts however in their words "this has
interferred with the Table of Contents and endnotes. Ideally, we would like
this to be one report in one file. Is there another way of formatting this
document so that it won't crash again, but have all the information together.
I did go through the Word manual today and it mentioned creating a "master
document", would this be the way to go?"
Is there something else we should be looking for?

You could try saving it as RTF, and then reimporting it into Word.

I've found that that has sometimes reduced file size. Also check for versions
(often a problem when many people are working on a document - each version is
saved).

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/stevesig.htm