Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
HRobinson HRobinson is offline

Default Creating multiple TOC

I am trying to create multiple TOC's within the Practice word document,
provided in the training section for Microsoft Word.

I can do everything up to Step 3: Create a second TOC step 3 - "Press ALT+F9
to see the field codes..." and step 4 "Press CTRL + F) to insert a blank
field..."

The cursor is on the second line beneath the existing TOC as instructed.
When I press "ALT+F9" or "CRTL+F9" nothing happens. I am assuming at each
step the keys are held down together (ie ALT key and the F9 key are pressed
simultaneously or rather, the ALT key is held down while I press the F9 key).

Do I need to have some sort of add in put into word, or somehow set up the
short cut? How do I fix this so I am manually able to insert a table.

thanks