Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
123Jump 123Jump is offline

Default Why do my dates change to american when I mailmerge?

I have an excel database that contains a formula which minuses seven days off
of a date to create a new date (ie a1-7). I then need to use this new date as
part of a letter in Word as a part of a mailmerge. All my computer settings
are in English United Kingdom etc. However, when this field merges it
automatically changes to the american format (ie 1/23/07 instead of 23/1/07).
In excel this date reads correctly and is formatted properly.