Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Default Extracting specific words from a document

Hi,

This is an exact cut paste from the document:
*Fischer Jr, William O

there are a couple thousand of these I need to extract.
I got pretty close and was able to highlight the *lastname,
using the following:\*[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}...
I can't seem to get it to capture the Jr, William O etc.

but you need to know, what is following the firstname. Where has Word to
stop highlighting? Is it a full stop, is it a paragraph mark, is it a manual
line break, is it a colon?

--
Cheers,
Lisa