Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Combining separate Word documents into one document

Download boiler.zip from Graham Mayor's site. This utility/macro lets you
chose which files you want to combine. Chose the option the add new
documents following a section break, next page which should enable you to
insert each document and keep its format. However, I am unsure how it will
handle portrait/landscape combinations, but give it a test.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Phrank" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to easily combine several (many) MS Word
(2003) documents into a single document. The catch is that I need to
be able to maintain the original formatting of each individual
document in the main document. I have many wide and varied formats
(portrait, landscape, varied margins and styles, etc.), so simply
combining them doesn't work. Normally, we convert the documents to
PDF and then combine them, which is much easier, but we have a client
that wants a combined Word version of this document. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Frank