Anne Troy

Okay, let's get the Startup thing out of the way. Anything in Word's startup
folder would startup when Word launches, not the other way around.

Try this: Start--Run and type:

msconfig

and hit Enter.

Now go to the Startup tab. Is Winword.exe in there? Seems it oughtta be in
there not once, not twice, but 3 times. Get it out of there. Uncheck it.
Save, close, reboot to test.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"getravel" wrote in message
I have Windows XP and MS Office XP loaded on my PC. Whenever I boot up

the
PC, 3 sessions of MS Word open - 2 sessions have a new (blank) document

open,
and the 3rd session just shows Word as being open (no new document).

I went to Documents and Settings | Application Data | Microsoft | Word |
Startup to see if there was anything in the folder prompting Word to

open
the 3 sessions. The folder was empty.

This problem didn't exist before today and I haven't made any changes to

the
software or any of the systems settings. How can I put an end to Word
opening up these sessions??

Thanks,
getravel (Mike)