Anne Troy

You too, Mike!

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"getravel" wrote in message
Anne,

even though we didn't resolve my issue, I thank you so much for all your
effort.

I checked the other tabs on msconfig, but still, I didn't find any
references to Winword.

I will indeed write to the Windows newsgroup.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.
--
getravel (Mike)

"Anne Troy" wrote:

No. Both of those are okay. This is bizarre. Please check your other

tabs on
the msconfig for something to do with Winword. Also, you might want to

ask
in a Windows newsgroup.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"getravel" wrote in message
Good morning Anne,

thanks for writing.

I too would have thought Winword.exe would have been in there three

times,
but after checking where you suggested, it's not in there - not even

once.
Microsoft Office is in there, as a Common Startup - as it should be.

Your suggestion prompted me to perform a search for Winword.exe on my

hard
drive. What I found are the following, but I'm unsure which, if any,

can
delete. Do you know which ones I should delete??

WINWORD8.DOC located in C:\WINDOWS\ShellNew
WINWORD.EXE located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft

Office\OFFICE11

Again, any info you can share is appreciated.

Thanks,
getravel (Mike)

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Okay, let's get the Startup thing out of the way. Anything in Word's

startup
folder would startup when Word launches, not the other way around.

Try this: Start--Run and type:

msconfig

and hit Enter.

Now go to the Startup tab. Is Winword.exe in there? Seems it oughtta

be
in
there not once, not twice, but 3 times. Get it out of there. Uncheck

it.
Save, close, reboot to test.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"getravel" wrote in message
I have Windows XP and MS Office XP loaded on my PC. Whenever I

boot
up
the
PC, 3 sessions of MS Word open - 2 sessions have a new (blank)

document
open,
and the 3rd session just shows Word as being open (no new

document).

I went to Documents and Settings | Application Data | Microsoft

Word |
Startup to see if there was anything in the folder prompting

Word to
open
the 3 sessions. The folder was empty.

This problem didn't exist before today and I haven't made any

changes
software or any of the systems settings. How can I put an end to

Word
opening up these sessions??

Thanks,
getravel (Mike)